Check out this throwback episode of RadioWild where we talk with Regina Mossotti, the director of Animal Care and Conservation at the Endangered Wolf Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Red wolves are on the brink of becoming abandoned by the very organization that set out to save them from extinction. Current pressure and politics are heavily influencing the potential for the US Fish and Wildlife Service to declare the species extinct, withdraw the wolves from the wild, and abandon the recovery efforts. The Endangered Wolf Center is hoping to prevent this from occurring.
In this episode, learn about:
- The role of the Endangered Wolf Center and its history
- The importance of returning a species to the landscape
- What’s special about the red wolf
- How the political climate affects red wolves
- Whether they’re a threat to livestock
And more! Click here to listen!
Please consider donating to the Wolf Center. In order for us to continue our mission of supporting our nation’s carnivores, we need your help. Click here or on the button below to donate.
|DONATE TO THE WOLF CENTER|